We are excited to have you join us for Volunteer Work Weekends again! For more information about those weekends and who to contact to join in serving, see below.
Deerfoot Lodge Adirondacks
While we expect to have to reduce the scale of this event, we hope and expect to host a work weekend at Deerfoot this Spring. The Adirondacks Camp event will be Memorial Day Weekend (May 28-31). If you are interested in joining and are willing to take precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19, please contact Chief Craig by email or by calling 518-620-3827 to discuss plans and make arrangements.
Deerfoot Lodge Blue Ridge
Deerfoot Lodge Blue Ridge is hosting a limited work weekend from May 14th to May 17th. If you are interested in joining and are willing to take precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19, please contact Chief Nick to learn more.
Some of the projects we’ll be doing are:
- Roofing and siding on guide lean-to and section chief housing
- Building a tent platform and preparing future site for married staff lodging
- Building bunks in cabins
- Installing screens in cabins and lean-to
- Finishing lockers and cubbies in staff lounge
- Building walkway / bridge from canoeing to fishing area
- Building boat launch for canoeing
If the weekend of 14-17 May doesn’t work for you but you would still like to pour some sweat equity into His place, we are ready to host you and your group of capable, hardworking volunteers through the rest of April and May. To set up a time to volunteer please contact Chief Nick by email or call him at 828-435-2572.